Sunday, March 19, 2006

Who gave her permission to grow up?

We lowered Abby's crib mattress this afternoon. She's not pulling up on things yet, but if you stand her up by the couch she'll hold on and stand for several minutes, all the while pounding the cushion with her little hand and squealing with delight at her cleverness. It's only a matter of time before she figures out that she doesn't have to wait for one of the big people to put her into that position. And knowing my tendency to lie awake at night worrying about things that could be happening in the children's bedrooms, we thought it best to lower the mattress now before there's any chance of her catapulting herself over the edge.

How did she get big enough for me to worry about her jumping out of the crib? Didn't she just come into our lives a few weeks ago? She's getting so big Gavin's starting to worry about her outgrowing him ("Mommy, when Abby grows up and is one and I am four will she be as big as Daddy?"). :) And she's actually quite a bit smaller than Gavin was at this age! She just seems so big and strong these days.


But no, I am not ready for another one yet. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hey kids,

Nice blog. Looks very professional. I've been doing the blog thing for a couple years now and I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to put pictures on.

It's good to get the updates on your fam. Crazy that Gavin is already four. That means you've been gone for almost 4 years.

Greg, Bethany is no longer working in the office. She finished working a couple weeks ago now. She and Justin moved to Regina in January so she started looking for work there. She's starting a job today as a legal secretary.

Dustin and Jolene just had baby #2 last week (you probably already know that though).

We're expecting #3 on/around July 24. After that I think Karlene is sending me in for the Bob Barker treatment :).

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can remember Greg getting out of his crib...the floor was a faux wood floor and I could hear a very loud THUD and then tiny footsteps as he came running out and smiling from ear to ear that he no longer was a captive. It took some convincing to have him stay and go to sleep...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home