Choice is good...
But too much choice, not so much.
I just got back from the local grocery store on what I thought was a simple errand - buy a chocolate cake mix. Sounds simple. But when I got there, not only did I have to decide which brand of mix to purchase, but just in one brand, there were FIVE different types of chocolate cake mix! I had to pick between chocolate fudge, milk chocolate, devil's food chocolate, german chocolate, and chocolate chocolate chip.
Maybe it's so-called 'pregnant brain,' but I literally couldn't make a decision...I was frozen right there in the baking goods aisle of the Beaverlodge IGA, totally incapable of making this monumental choice.
In the end I shook myself out of my stupor and went with the german chocolate...because it's a black forest cake I'm making, and the Black Forest is in Germany, right? Oh, and then got home and realized the recipe actually called specifically for Devil's Food. Too bad - I'm not going back!
I just got back from the local grocery store on what I thought was a simple errand - buy a chocolate cake mix. Sounds simple. But when I got there, not only did I have to decide which brand of mix to purchase, but just in one brand, there were FIVE different types of chocolate cake mix! I had to pick between chocolate fudge, milk chocolate, devil's food chocolate, german chocolate, and chocolate chocolate chip.
Maybe it's so-called 'pregnant brain,' but I literally couldn't make a decision...I was frozen right there in the baking goods aisle of the Beaverlodge IGA, totally incapable of making this monumental choice.
In the end I shook myself out of my stupor and went with the german chocolate...because it's a black forest cake I'm making, and the Black Forest is in Germany, right? Oh, and then got home and realized the recipe actually called specifically for Devil's Food. Too bad - I'm not going back!




2 Comments:
Maybe you are just too tired to think anymore. Hope the cake turned out. I'll bet it tasted great regardless of what kind of chocolate it was.
Mmmmm, cake was good! Thanks!
Melody
Post a Comment
<< Home