What you sow, you shall reap

We'll see in a few weeks if that's true! Gavin and I planted various flower seeds today, hopefully for planting in our front flower beds when the weather gets warm enough. First we headed to the store to pick up some little starter pots. Gavin was so excited, he told anyone who happened to walk by "we are buying seed things to plant our seeds in and then they will turn into
flowers!" We had some potting mix on hand, so we filled the containers, sprinkled a few (or um, more than a few when it was Gavin's turn) seeds into each cell, put more soil on top, and then used a spray bottle to wet them all down (I didn't want to drown them by pouring water on them with a cup or the tap).We had a near-disaster when Gavin decided
to grab the pots off the table by just one end - thankfully I grabbed it literally a millisecond before the whole project hit the ground! The little pots came with a plastic dome to go over top to keep the plants moist and warm - pretty fancy for three dollars!Now all we have to do is wait...I have a feeling the next couple of weeks before they sprout are going to go very slowly for Gavin (and possibly for me if he's going to ask every hour to check on them!).




1 Comments:
These pictures are so cute. Gavin is really a cutie and we love him so much. He is so intense and I am sure that he will be asking every day and several times a day about when they are going to sprout.
Love
Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home