Song cows, dead batteries, and little Joseph
Today was Gavin's Christmas program at school - Greg went to the afternoon version and I got a babysitter and went tonight. It was fun to go to our first school Christmas concert!
The play was about a Christmas talent show taking place in a barn along with a bunch of animals, including 'song cows,' who apparently sing wonderful songs that only other cows and Santa can understand. Whatever. ;) Gavin's class did a great job acting out the Christmas story as his teacher read, and then sang a version of 'Happy Birthday' to baby Jesus.
Greg videotaped the performance this afternoon - but it's not a digital camcorder, so I can't post any of it here. I brought our digital camera that does movies tonight, and even remembered to put new batteries in before I left, but I think I need a refund on those batteries because they were dead almost as soon as I turned it on! I was pretty disappointed, and now you are too because it means we have no video or pictures to show you! I'll try to convince Gavin to put his Joseph costume on again tomorrow so I can at least have a picture of it for the scrapbook, though.
Gavin did an excellent job and he was so cute looking for me in the crowd tonight to wave to me. When he got in line to sing their song, you could hear him ask 'where's my mom?' :) Now, if he's still doing that five or ten years from now...
The play was about a Christmas talent show taking place in a barn along with a bunch of animals, including 'song cows,' who apparently sing wonderful songs that only other cows and Santa can understand. Whatever. ;) Gavin's class did a great job acting out the Christmas story as his teacher read, and then sang a version of 'Happy Birthday' to baby Jesus.
Greg videotaped the performance this afternoon - but it's not a digital camcorder, so I can't post any of it here. I brought our digital camera that does movies tonight, and even remembered to put new batteries in before I left, but I think I need a refund on those batteries because they were dead almost as soon as I turned it on! I was pretty disappointed, and now you are too because it means we have no video or pictures to show you! I'll try to convince Gavin to put his Joseph costume on again tomorrow so I can at least have a picture of it for the scrapbook, though.
Gavin did an excellent job and he was so cute looking for me in the crowd tonight to wave to me. When he got in line to sing their song, you could hear him ask 'where's my mom?' :) Now, if he's still doing that five or ten years from now...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home